WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The Outstanding Team Service Award was created to recognize and honor dedication and outstanding contributions by a University of Mississippi team of employees. The award will be given annually with a plaque for each team member. The award will be presented at the spring Staff Appreciation awards ceremony.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nominees must be full-time or part-time employees of the University of Mississippi. Nominations should be for groups of two or more staff members who work together toward a common goal or mission, who have gone above and beyond in their service to the university.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
Any supervisor, manager or administrative head at the University of Mississippi may submit nominations of groups or teams as candidates for the Outstanding Team Service Award.
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED IN THE NOMINATING PETITION:
It is incumbent on the nominator to do a careful and thorough job of documenting the petition. Recommended information to include:
- Names of team members nominated
- Narrative statements of the team’s exceptional contributions and service to the University of Mississippi. Some areas to consider include, but are not limited to:
- Achievement on the job (ability in performing duties)
- Assistance to students, faculty, visitors, community groups and outside agencies
- Contribution toward the effectiveness and efficiency of UM operations
- Efforts in staff development or affirmative action
- Participation in university-related activities or committees
A selection committee composed of the Executive Committee of the Staff Council and other personnel will meet to discuss and decide on a winner from the pool of potential candidates provided.
HOW TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
Nominations can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Jackson Avenue Center, Room L06. Nominations for the 2018 award are due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8.
OUTSTANDING TEAM AWARD
These criteria address employee achievements in programmatic effort that have an impact primarily at the department/school/county level within the University of Mississippi.
Outstanding Achievement on the Job – actions that constitute performance beyond expected standards, such as:
- Producing high quality of work over an extended period of time
- Producing high quantity of work over an extended period of time
- Giving extra effort to complete a job or handle a heavier workload
- Filling in when unit is short-staffed
- Volunteering for and working on special projects
- Serving on a committee and contributing to its success
Exceptional Contributions toward the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Operations – actions that contribute to the maximum utilization of departmental resources, such as:
- Integrating information or equipment for more efficient/effective use
- Developing new work methods that reduce waste or stretch resources
- Eliminating unnecessary actions or steps for delivering service
- Making creative suggestions that save time/money
Outstanding Service to Other Employees or Visitors – actions that are especially helpful or make a good impression on others, such as:
- Doing things for others that are beyond job requirements
- Performing in an exceptionally courteous and cooperative manner
- Being so helpful that others write letters of appreciation